One Tractor – One Hundred Jobs
No matter what size of tractor you choose, one thing remains constant – superior performance. And it’s easy to see why. With options like high-torque engines, automatic two-pedal transmissions and fully-integrated cabs, there’s no job too big for these tractors to tackle. Don’t let their size fool you. First step up your expectations. Then step into your John Deere dealership to find the tractor that’s right for you.
Compact Utility Tractors Equipment
Compact Utility Tractor 1 Series
Experience The Possibilities
Ideal for mowing, loading, tillage and many other tasks. The 1 series sub-compact tractors are as versatile as you want them to be, whether you are a professional landscaper/municipality or own a large property to maintain.
Easy Lift Bonnet
The 1026R model now has an easy lift bonnet with standard twin gas-charged lift struts. Just flip the latch for wide-open access to the engine bay.
AutoConnect Mowing Deck
The John Deere AutoConnect Mowing Deck attaches in seconds, saving you time every time you mow. The deck and driveshaft automatically connects when you drive over it. Then when you’re done, simply reverse back over to disconnect again – all from the comfort of your seat.
Material Collection Systems
The John Deere AutoConnect Mowing Deck attaches in seconds, saving you time every time you mow. The deck and driveshaft automatically connects when you drive over it.Then when you’re done, simply reverse back over to disconnect again – all from the comfort of your seat.
Tilt steering lets you keep your arms in a natural position for less fatigue.
The 1R Series Tractor has spur gear final drives for durability, and wet disc brakes for no-nonsense stopping power.
CAB – 1&2 Series
Spacious and well equipped with a deluxe cloth seat, large doors and integrated work lights. Offering excellent visibility and a compact design, which makes operating close to trees and other obstacles much safer.
1026R Compact Utility Tractor
- Designed for confined areas
- Comfortable operator station
- Fast and easy implement changeover
- Easy operation with hydrostatic transmission
One Tractor. Many Possibilities.
In designing the 1026R, our engineers responded directly to customer feedback in every area… increasing stability, improving ride comfort and broadening attachment options.
The 1026R comes with a hydrostatic transmission, 4-Wheel Drive (4WD) and power steering as standard equipment. And when it comes to versatility, the 1026R really is like a Swiss Army Knife; small and compact in size, it’s designed to do multiple tasks and change quickly between tools and implements. When you look at all the features that come with a 1026R you realise that while it’s doing the heavy work, you’re just along for the ride!
Implement compounding improves efficiency
- Allows mounting more than one implement at a time, eliminating implement changeover
- Loader, mid-mower, and a variety of 3-point hitch implements can be attached to the tractor at the same time
- Loader, rear implement, and mid-mount mower can all be left on the tractor at the same time.
Open operator’s station is comfortable and convenient
The 1026R operator’s station has been designed to allow for greater operator comfort and increased visibility. Large and easy to grab handrails are located on each fender for an easier on and off of the tractor from either side.
- Sloping hood design provides improved visibility
- Operator station provides plenty of room for comfortable operation
- Step-through textured flat operator station makes getting on and off the tractor easy from either side of the tractor
- Fender-mounted handrails are large and easy to grab; located on each fender, they assist the operator in getting on and off the tractor
- Controls are located next to the fenders for operator convenience
- Operator controls are color-coded for easy identification of operation
- Front horizontal exhaust for increased operator visibility
- If the operator leaves the tractor seat when the transmission, mid- or rear-power take-off (PTO) is engaged, the engine will shut down
Foldable Roll-GardTM rollover protective structure (ROPS) and retractable seat belt are standard equipment to protect the operator in the event of a tractor tip-over, as well as improve the ability to store tractor in a garage.
Seat belt is within easy reach of the operator, to encourage the use of it whenever operating the tractor.
Standard equipment lighting includes:
- Two front-mounted sealed-beam halogen headlights
- Brake and tail light equipment to fulfill European tractor homologation standards mounted on the side of the ROPS with reflectors
- Two additional fender lights are standard on the 1026R
- Additional front and rear light kits are available
Easy operation 4-wheel drive power steering
Both 4-wheel drive (4WD) and power steering are standard equipment on the 1026R. This combination allows for excellent maneuverability and ease of operation of the tractor.
- Narrow overall width allows the 1026R to work in tight areas where most compact tractors just can’t fit, yet the 145-cm (57-in.) wheel base and 120-cm (47-in.) overall width gives great stability for all type of terrains.
- Power steering means fewer turns of the steering wheel than manual steering; especially valuable when mowing around obstacles or when the tractor is used with a front loader.
- High horsepower-to-weight ratio makes the 1026R a good choice for a variety of tasks; overall tractor weight reduces ground compaction and makes the 1026R an excellent mowing tractor.
- The power take-off (PTO) is a fully-independent PTO on the 1026R, allowing engaging and disengaging of the PTO without stopping tractor movement. This is important when driving across obstacles such as driveways while mowing.
Hydrostatic (HST) transmission with Twin Touch™ foot controls
The 1026R Tractor features a hydrostatic transmission.
- Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels through a hydraulic pump and motor
- The hydrostatic drive unit functions both as a clutch and transmission
Twin TouchTM foot controls allow selecting both speed and direction of travel with a touch of the toe. Ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
- Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, to match the job
- No clutching for fast direction changes
- Faster, easier, and more precise to operate than competitive tractors with treadle pedal design (toe-heel)
- Provides high torque for start up
- Reduces power train shock loads
- Large foot pedals were designed for operator comfort and allow for convenient operation of the tractor
Transmission has two speeds – hi and lo range.
- The range lever is located next to the seat, conveniently within reach of the operator
- Lo range allows performing tougher tasks at higher speeds than competitive tractors equipped with a three-range transmission (that is, lo range on 3-speed transaxle is slower than lo range on a 2-speed transaxle)
Durability features include:
- Large forged one-piece trunnion shaft with larger support bearings that reduce vibration and noise.
- Innovative transaxle combines an HST transmission, gear reduction axle, and clutch.
- Pressure side filtration allows using a finer mesh filter (10 micron) than suction filtration systems used on many competitive tractors.
- One pump to supply charge pressure and implement flow. A flow divider splits the flow to various circuits throughout the tractor.
- The transaxle has an oil cooler which provides improved hydraulic cooling performance.
Powerful Interim Tier 4 (IT4)-compliant diesel engine and standard dual mid-selective control valve (SCV)
- Interim Tier 4 (IT4)-compliant isolated Yanmar® TNV Clean & Silent Diesel Engine
- 97/68/EC rated engine power, at 3200 rpm 18.5 kW (25.2 hp)
- ECE-R24 rated engine power, at 3200 rpm 17.5 kW (23.8 hp)
- Rated power at PTO 13.4 kW (18 hp)
- Standard dual mid-selective control valve (SCV) with integrated loader joystick
- Third SCV kit
- Power-beyond kit
- Independent hydraulic mower lift kit
COMFORTABLE OPERATOR STATION AND CONTROLS
- Ag tractor family styling with sloping hood design
- Folding rollover protective structure (ROPS)
- Deluxe suspension seat (cloth seat on cab tractors)
- Factory installed comfort cab(optional)
- Standard cruise control
- Tilt steering
- Standard tool box
- 12-V outlet
- Ergonomic floor mat
- Cup holder
- Standard side fender lights
- H120 Loaders
- 54D AutoConnect™ and 60D AutoConnect 7-Iron™ mower decks
- MCS 580 material collection system
- 52-in.(132-cm) Rotary broom
- 54-in. (137-cm) Front blade
Durable, efficient, high-torque three-cylinder diesel engine
Power is provided by a durable and efficient high-torque three-cylinder Yanmar® TNV Series diesel engine.
YANMAR TNV SERIES ENGINE OFFERS THESE FEATURES:
- Economical for good cooling and long life
- Isolated engine provides reduced vibration and noise for the operator; indirect fuel injection uses a pre-combustion chamber to give the engine a smooth and quiet operation; aluminum alloy piston with built-in steel struts are lightweight to reduce connection rod bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- . Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, thereby reducing blow-by gas and less noise from the piston slap
- . Higher top rings on the piston and a thinner head gasket greatly reduces the volume of unburned waste gases and increases combustion efficiency
- Timing gear teeth have a designed roll-off profile giving almost no clash, no noise, and no backlash
- High-torque reserve provides plenty of power under heavy load, yet retains excellent fuel economy
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Full-pressure lubrication system provides filtered oil under pressure to all vital engine parts
- Glow plugs provide quick starts in temperatures down to -18° Celsius. (Optional engine coolant heater attachment will assist starting under more extreme conditions.)
- Auto-bleed fuel system means there is no special bleeding required if the tractor runs out of fuel; this system will self-prime the injection pump, lines, and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery
- Key start and shutoff eliminates fuel shutoff knob
- Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element keeps dirt and other contaminants out of the engine
- . Safety element (second filter) will protect engine if primary filter would develop a leak
- . Protects engine when servicing primary filter
- Side screen panels and front grille screen provide excellent flow of air to the engine compartment
- Sealed radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on outside of hood
- Single-piece side panels can be removed for easy and quick access to the engine
- Horizontal exhaust discharges fumes away from the operator station, reducing noise and improving operator visibility and comfort
Yanmar is a U.S.-registered trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Fast and easy implement changeover
- John Deere front Quik-Tatch hitch makes changing front implements quick and easy
- All John Deere front implements (blade and broom) use a common hitch (John Deere Quick-Tatch)
- The Category 0 3-point front hitch with an A-frame for quick and easy changing all Category 0 implements
- AutoConnect™ mid-mount mower decks, and H120 Loaders, can be taken on or off within 5 minutes, and no tools are necessary
- Changing rear implements is a snap with the standard Category 0 3-point hitch
Optional comfort cab
The optional John Deere comfort cab for the 1026R comes factory installed and makes this tractor even more interesting for operators who use the 1026R every day.
The frameless full-glass door opens wide for easy access, and the premium cloth seat, which is horizontal and height adjustable, provides a perfect seat position to the operator for long working days. The front window and rear window open for ventilation, and a powerful heating system provides protection and comfort around the year.
Whether doing loader work, front implement work (like snow removal), mowing, tilling, rotary cutting, or light hay work, the cab tractors have the versatility and muscle to get the job done, all while protecting the operator from the elements.
The new designed comfort cab features:
- Cab design integrated into the tractor
- Comfortable deluxe cloth seat
- Powerful heater system integrated in the roof
- Windscreen easy to open for ventilation
- Filtered fresh air from both sides for clean and fresh environment (Cab Category 1 according to EN15695)
- Two wide open doors, hinged in the rear for easy getting on and off the tractor
- Rear window to open for additional airflow and ventilation
- Curved glasses(windscreen and doors) for noise reduction
- 84 dB(A) at drivers ear according to 2009/76/EC
- Two standard front work lights mounted to the roof
- Standard beacon light (foldable)
- 12 V power outlet
- One cup holder
- Miscellaneous storage places for garage keys, cell phone or hitch pins
- Radio ready (radio kit optional)
DELUXE CLOTH SEAT
A deluxe cloth seat with retractable seat belt is in base equipment.
- · An ergonomically sculpted seat cushion, an adjustable scissor-link suspension to provide excellent operator comfort and support.
- · The scissor-link suspension can be adjusted for the operator’s height and weight.
- · The operator weight adjustment adjusts to the operator’s weight 52 kg -125 kg).
- · Using a lever located under the seat, the seat is adjustable fore and aft for operator height.
- · Retractable seat belts prevent belts from becoming tangled in the seat suspension and controls.
CAB SAFETY FEATURES
- ROPS – certified to the highest industry standards for maximum operator protection
- Operator presence system
- Engine shuts down if the operator leaves the seat when the transmission, mid, or rear PTO is engaged
- Tractor must be in neutral and the park brake fully set for stationary PTO work
- Two doors
- Tempered safety glass in case of breakage
- One standard beacon light (foldable)
- Two standard roof-mounted work lights (front)
- Two rear frame-mounted taillights
*24 month warranty, no hour limit