Annual telehandler inspections are essential to keep your machine in the best condition and your operator safe. We inspect any make and any model of telehandlers, compact loaders and industrial forklift machines.
- CFTS Thorough Examination accredited inspections
- Fully qualified technicians
- Checks and servicing on location
- Fixed price servicing
- Sales, parts and repair expertise
- 6 months parts and labour warranty
- Genuine parts
Thorough Examination – Loler & Puwer
We are a fully accredited Thorough Examination Centre allowing us to test your machines on both the LOLER 98 and PUWER 98 elements. This means that at the time of inspection every machine in its entirety is safe to use and operate, satisfying both HSE and insurance requirements, and ensuring that the user is compliant with current regulations.
Current UK law requires the users of all lifting equipment to carry out a Thorough Examination of that equipment on a regular basis. This is required under LOLER 98 regulations (Lifting Operations lifting Equipment Register). It is also as important with machines such as telescopic handlers and tractors fitted with loaders to not only get the lifting component of the machine inspected but also all other parts of the machine operating the lifting element which will be covered by PUWER 98 regulations (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Register).
Thorough examinations of machinery like a tractor and loader or telehandler will take approximately two hours with additional administration and certification time.
On a tractor loader, for example, the following will be inspected under LOLER:
- Hydraulic systems
- Attachments and/or side shift
- Rating plate
- Tilt mechanism
- Load back rest
Under PUWER, safety critical components must undergo thorough inspection. These include:
- Overhead guard
- Seat restraints
- Seat mounting
- Traction system
- Safety equipment
NSTS – National Sprayer Testing
Ben Burgess are registered with the National Sprayer Testing Scheme.
The test covers all types of liquid and granular application machinery and satisfies the requirements of crop assurance schemes and grower protocols.
What are the benefits of testing a sprayer?
There are two main benefits:
Firstly, it ensures maximum efficiency of your sprayer, reduces costly downtime, aids traceability and increases second hand value. The cost of replacing worn jets that deliver only 5% more than the recommended rate is readily recovered in agrochemical savings and improved efficiency resulting from better and more consistent spray quality.
Secondly, a valid certificate provides evidence to your clients, crop assurance organisations and the general public of your commitment to keep your machines in sound, well-serviced condition.
Ben Burgess provides secure Datatag markings throughout Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland. The CESAR system offers the ultimate in theft deterrence for large assets on your farm using the Datatag security marking
Why should you invest in CESAR?
- CESAR is proven to work. CESAR registered machines are six times more likely to be recovered if stolen and four times less likely to be stolen in the first place.
- CESAR does not charge machine owners and insurance companies for recovery, unlike some other schemes.
- CESAR registration qualifies a machine for insurance premium discounts and/or lower insurance excesses from all the leading insurance companies – NFU Mutual give 12.5%.
- CESAR is widely supported in construction and agriculture and adopted by many leading manufacturers, trade organisations, and the police.
- CESAR is the only official and ACPO approved security and registration scheme for plant and equipment.
- CESAR provides lifetime protection, for a machine, with no subscription or annual fees.
- CESAR uses Datatag hi tech security markings to give each machine a unique ‘fingerprint’ which is impossible to remove.
- CESAR helps the police by providing a means of positively identifying a machine and by providing information through the police national computer 24/7.
- CESAR helps reduce costs for machine owners and operators, insurance providers, and finance and leasing companies.