The Arbortec BreatheDry® Hi-Vis Waterproof Smock is a lightweight technical garment with an array of features that have been created with the arborist in mind.
As a fully waterproof and breathable jacket, the Arbortec smock conforms to EN343 Class 3 standards and incorporates an increased back length to shed water. The garment features a high collar with a waterproof zipper, inner placket, and neck protector.
- High visibility conforms to EN ISO 20471 Class 3 and GO/RT 3279 (RIS-3279-TOM).
- Pockets: 3 waterproof pockets, 1 upper chest pocket, and 2 lower pockets.
- Inside the collar is a large adjustable hood that has been designed to fit over a climbing helmet. The hood has a wired peak, bungee volume adjuster drawcord, and a large hook and loop storm flap.Vents: BreatheDry® vents, and pit zips.
- Further ventilation ports are concealed beneath zippers in the armpits and an access zipper at the bottom of each side of the garment, which is useful for when wearing a climbing harness.
- Zip sides: ease of access to trouser pockets etc.
- Taped seams: all seams taped to increase weather resistance.
- The sleeves are of generous length and have inner soft cuffs with thumb loops. Additional features include hook and loop tab fasteners to keep the cuffs watertight.
- Length: longer back for water runoff, long sleeve length for high reaching.
We cannot stress enough how important it is to look after and clean your smock in order to maintain its waterproof abilities.
Arbortec’s garment fabric has a solid structure that physically stops water from passing through the membrane. The fabric breaths by absorbing and dissipating sweat through the diffusion of water vapour molecules.
When the fabric membrane becomes clogged with grease, dust, and dirt it is very likely to allow moisture in and leak. We recommend washing your smock with NikWax TechWash following the guidelines on the NikWax packaging to clean off the grease and grime, followed by a re-wash with NikWax TX Direct, this will help to restore the garments waterproof properties.
If you have any questions regarding the Arbortec BreatheDry® Hi-Vis Waterproof Smock, please contact us for assistance.
Arbortec believe in empowering their community’s passion for nature, individualism and success.
Driven by their dedication to innovation, Arbortec have developed a reputation for delivering proven performance products with a range of designs that enable their users to express their passion for treelife and individualism.