Yard Operative (Ellington)
At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Our yard operative keeps our depot running, responsible for a wide variety of tasks in the yard / depot; the day is always varied. Whether you’re moving equipment for deliveries on the trailer or cutting the grass no two days are ever the same. The role will mainly focus on work at the depot including maintenance of the depot and grounds, ensuring all machinery is ready for sale and delivery as well as running collections and deliveries between depots or for customers.
Our Yard Operative will be responsible for:
- Unloading and loading lorries and vans.
- Delivery and collection of part and machinery using either light commercial vehicle and/or tractor and low-loader trailer.
- Washing down machinery with pressure washer ready for service, advertising or sale / delivery.
- Valeting machinery for sale and delivery to high standard.
- Support sales to ensure all machinery is correctly displayed ready for sale, organised and tidy.
- Maintaining the outdoor yard / spaces including grass cutting, de-weeding and cleaning.
- Emptying bins, cleaning and general tidying of offices, workshop and yards.
- Support basic property maintenance including (but not limited to) painting, fixing broken fixtures and fittings, fitting out and moving furniture.
- Supporting health and safety compliance including PAT testing and housekeeping.
What we look for:
- Full UK drivers license including trailer DE category.
- Telescopic and Counterbalance forklift certificates.
- Ideally experienced tractor driver to support road deliveries.
- Spray certificate for using weed killer (desired).
- Bait certificate for handling rat bait (desired).
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01603 628251.