Our Workshop Lead reports to the Service Manager and is accountable for leading the workshop technician team on a day to day basis. In addition to the roles core focus of the workshop people, this role also supports the Service Manager in the smooth wider operations of the Service department including supporting with customers, administration and planning. You will be expected to keep your skills up to date by carrying out work from time to time.
Our workshop leads accountabilities include:
- Provide leadership for all service technicians and apprentices on a day to day basis including providing coaching, guidance and support in all aspects of their day to day roles.
- Ensuring a high level of employee engagement and teamwork throughout the service department.
- Being the point of escalation for technical issues including prior to DTAC case escalation.
- Assist and mentor apprentices through course including supporting them with coursework and work-based training as required.
- Complete and assist all administration as required including job cards, DTAC, timesheets etc…)
- Supporting customers including via the phone and face to face, covering for the service manager during period of absence from the office.
- Provide regular updates to the service manager on workshop activities.
- Delivers training and toolbox talks with workshop team
- Undertakes role of a service technical when required to meet the demands of the business and maintain skills, knowledge and capability.
- Reviews the service department / workshop performance and reports to the service manager.
What we look for:
- 3 years’ experience as an agricultural technician or similar industries.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills, first-hand experience is desirable but not essential.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends as required to meet the demands of the customers and to deliver service through our harvest season.
- Experience working with computer software including bespoke and office software (word, excel etc).
- Familiar with franchise and competitive products
- Full UK Drivers License
How to apply:
Send your CV to email@example.com
or HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.