Vaderstad Service Technician
At Ben Burgess it’s been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
We are looking for an Agricultural Service Technician to specialise in our Vaderstad franchise. As we continue to expand our partnership with Vaderstad we are looking for an experienced engineer to offer Vaderstad customer’s outstanding support across our Western depots. This role will be based from our new Vaderstad hub at our Ellington depot
If you have a passion for cultivation, seedbed preparation and seed placement and wish to specialise in supporting a market leading product line then please apply, full training will be given to the successful applicant.
In addition to Vaderstad you will work with our other industry leading franchises. All of our Agricultural Service Technicians reports into our Service Managers and are the key to us ensuring we provide excellent customer service and keep our customers machinery and investments moving. The role is split between time in our state-of-the-art workshop and out in the field (literally) repairing, servicing and maintaining our customers machinery. You will be an experienced field service engineer. You must have experience working with ag machinery however full manaufactuter training is available.
Our Ag Service Technicians accountabilities are:
- Performing diagnostics and repairs on agricultural equipment, including Farmsight products;
- Undertaking servicing on machinery as specified;
- Undertaking training to develop skills and knowledge including new products and services offered by the manufacturers;
- Completing all work to the highest standards both in the workshop and in the field / on farm as required;
- Mentoring apprentices and trainees;
- Completing all pre-delivery set up on new and used equipment.
What we look for:
- Experience working with agricultural machinery including tractors, combines and sprayers etc;
- Ideally work experience within an agricultural franchised dealer environment, preferably John Deere;
- The ability to undertake maintenance and repairs using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems;
- The ability to provide excellent customer service;
- The ability to work as a team or individually;
- Being self-motivated, having good communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges;
- Flexibility with working hours during busy seasons and weekends;
- Full UK driving licence required;
- Forklift driving licence preferred
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01603 628251.