Sales and Hire Assistant (Grounds Care)
At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Our Sales and Hire Assistant works within our busy Grounds Care department at Norwich. This is an extremely varied and rewarding role with two days never the same. You will support the sales department in the direct sales and hiring of machinery to our customers with a big proportion of this role supporting the administrative elements required to make this happen however your day will not just be administration. This role will support the overall success of the department including supporting customers, sales and arranging hire. You may also be required to hand over new equipment to customers, organise the yard, clean machinery and any other duties that support the department in delivering outstanding service to our customers.
Sales and Hire Assistant’s accountabilities include:
- General office administration for sales and hire processes to support the team.
- Being a point of contact for customers via e-mail, phone or face to face enquiries.
- Pro-actively approaching and supporting walk-in customers throughout the day.
- Completing sales for walk-in customers.
- Supporting the receiving of new products into the showroom, ensuring correct displays and a customer / sales focused showroom.
- Preparing and taking photo’s of all machinery for sale on our website.
- Ensuring and updating correct pricing of machinery on display in the showroom and in the yard.
- Ensuring all new machines have correct warranty information input and registered correctly with the suppliers quickly after the sale has been completed.
- Monitoring customer acknowledgement and machine deliveries to ensure timely customer invoicing and delivery to customers.
- Supporting and covering for the hire desk in periods of absence – full end to end process from order to delivery.
- Support stock checks when required.
- Supporting all other activities within the scope of the role to ensure outstanding service and sales operations run smoothly.
We look for:
- Excellent administrative and IT skills including (but not limited to) word and excel.
- Extremely well organised with attentions to the details.
- Pro-active and ability to make good judgement calls on customer situations / sales.
- Proven track records of working in a customer service focused environment.
- Openness to innovation.
- Excellent communication written and verbal.
- Demonstrate self-development and desire to continue learning.
- Familiar with our franchises as well as competitive products would be advantageous.
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 628251.