Parts Apprenticeship (2021)
At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Your apprenticeship teaches you how to manage John Deere’s sophisticated parts systems, run a profitable retail environment, merchandise goods effectively, and understand the value of John Deere products and the importance of selling on quality rather than on price.
In contrast to the Ag Tech and Turf Tech apprenticeships, the John Deere Parts Retailer apprenticeship programme is delivered mainly in the workplace, i.e. at the John Deere dealership where you are employed.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain the Level 2 Retailer Standard. With mentoring, support and monitoring whilst at work, combined with residential training at the John Deere Training Centre, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to achieve the qualification.
Accountabilities of a Parts Apprentice:
- Maximising sales potential from both internal and retail customers
- Communicating across the business using a variety of forms including verbal and electronic
- Processing parts orders from internal and retail customers along with processing warranty returns
- Identifying specific components using electronic parts catalogue
- Processing payment transactions
- Supporting the dealer and your colleagues to carry out regular stock-taking activities.
- Warehousing activities
- Power Take Off (PTO) and hydraulic hose identification and manufacture
- Marketing activities and promotional campaigns
What we look for:
- Whilst no formal qualifications are required, you must be literate and numerate, with a desire to learn, and a genuine interest in retail operations.
- Logical, able to listen, follow instructions and be willing to study.
- Able to work as part of a busy, fast-moving team.
Please Note: Off the job training is on a residential basis. All travel, and, accommodation costs are covered by Ben Burgess.
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 628251