At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Our Management Accountant reports into our Company Secretary and is accountable for the management accounts within our group. Alongside the preparation of the management accounts for depots and the group holding company you will also provide key information and data to the leadership teams and other key stakeholders.
This role offers the right candidate a challenge within a busy accounts team working for a company with a wide variety of activities. You will be able to prioritise effectively to meet all our deadlines and be an excellent and confident communicator with both internal and external stakeholders.
Accountabilities of our Management Accountant include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and information in accordance with a regular monthly deadline.
- Ensure the smooth running of all month end processes and procedures.
- Ensure all accounting controls are maintained.
- Discussion with and interpretation for all relevant stakeholders of management accounts and information produced.
- Produce ad-hoc information upon request.
- Support the Company Secretary with the year-end statutory accounts and audit matters.
What we look for:
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, AAT or CIMA desirable.
- Experience of using Excel a necessity and ability to use ODBC an advantage.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge as appropriate.
- Full understanding of all accounts processes.
- An inquisitive mind with the ability to challenge current procedures and practices within a business and make suggestions for improvements.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn, and ability to quickly adapt.
- Experience of producing information on a regular basis and in line with deadlines.
- Very strong communication skills with all levels of management within a business.
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 628251.