GroundsCare Service Technician (Newmarket)
At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Our Service Technicians reports into our Service Manager and are the key to us ensuring we provide excellent customer service and keep our customers machinery and purchases working. The role is split between time in our state-of-the-art workshop and out on customers sites repairing, servicing and maintaining our customers machinery. You will be an experienced engineer ideally working in a dealer franchised environment on John Deere or similar machinery. You must have experience working with a wide variety of the machine and equipment we service including Ride-On Mowers, Gators, Domestic Mowers and Compact Tractors etc..
Our Ag Service Technicians accountabilities are:
- Performing diagnostics and repairs on machinery / equipment;
- Undertaking servicing on machinery as specified;
- Undertaking training to develop skills and knowledge including new products and services offered by the manufacturers;
- Completing all work to the highest standards both in the workshop and off-site as required;
- Mentoring apprentices and trainees;
- Completing all pre-delivery set up on new and used equipment.
What we look for:
- Experience working with GroundsCare machinery including ride on mowers, gators, compact tractors etc…
- Ideally work experience within an GroundsCare / Horticultural franchised dealer environment, preferably John Deere;
- The ability to undertake maintenance and repairs using special tools and equipment following approved technical procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems;
- The ability to provide excellent customer service;
- The ability to work as a team or individually;
- Being self-motivated, having good communication skills and a willingness to take on new challenges;
- Flexibility with working hours during busy seasons and weekends;
- Full UK driving licence required;
- Forklift driving licence preferred.
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 628251.