We are recruiting for a Depot Manager to lead our Coates Depot. This is an exciting role and is part of our depot management team at group level. You will be responsible for running your own business at the depot, reporting directly into a business director and accountable for all operations and performance of the depot. To be successful you will lead the sales team directly and the service department and parts department through the relevant department managers ensuring effective communication and ensuring high levels of engagement with your teams. You will be given some key metrics to ensure the business is running smoothly and profitably but be empowered to drive the business forward in-line with the businesses strategic and operational goals.
When Ben Burgess founded our business in 1931 he put the customers at the heart of everything we do, coining our motto ‘where service still counts’ and we will still live by this ethos today. This role is central to delivering on those principles. Through our mission, vision and values you will not only deliver high levels of customer satisfaction but also employee satisfaction too.
Our Depot Manager’s accountabilities include:
- Provide leadership to ensure the smooth running of the day to day management of the depot.
- Ensure a consistent level of excellent customer care across all departments.
- Communicates to all employees how the depot objectives align with those of the company.
- To engage all employees at the depot to assist the company in achieving its vision and mission, instilling our core values.
- Leads, motivates and supervises the sales team within the depot to ensure maximised sales and commitment to our suppliers.
- Maintains an acceptable level of financial return set by the Board of Directors.
- Provides support to departmental managers in terms of development, team engagement and implementing policies and processes.
- Works with the marketing team to assist with local advertising, events and depot development.
- Ensures health and safety at the depot is maintained as a high priority.
- Maintains a depot appearance that all employees can be proud of.
- Ensures a consistent and positive level of support to all depots across the company.
What we look for:
- 3+ years’ depot management experience.
- Proven track record with machinery sales (directly selling and/or leading a sales team).
- Knowledge of dealership operations in the sectors of agriculture, grounds care or construction.
- Excellent communication, engagement and employee development skills.
- Familiar with our franchises as well as competitive products.
- The ability to analyse and interpret internal reports with a good understanding of financial principles relative to depot operations.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation allowance (if required)
- Fully expensed company vehicle
- Ongoing training and development
- Long term career prospects
- Enhanced company pension scheme
Please send a CV and covering email / letter email@example.com
Closing date: 24th May 2019