Agricultural Technician (Combine Specialism)
Our Service Technicians report into our Service Manager’s and support the diagnosis, service, repairs and maintenance of tractors, telescopic handlers, combine & forage harvesters, trailers, balers and all other types of agricultural machinery and accessories. Our technicians don’t just work on our customer’s machinery but also demonstration and hire fleet equipment too.
The role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work with industry leading brands including John Deere, Grimm and Manitou (to name a few). These brands come with the benefit from industry leading training and development provided in-house and by the external training programs in the UK and abroad. Our technicians get to work with some of the best equipment, technology and workshop facilities available thanks to these industry leading products. Sometimes longer hours will be required but fantastic overtime rates are paid to compensate for your time and boosting your base salary and earning potential.
Service Technician accountabilities include:
- Diagnostics and repairs on equipment / machinery.
- Completion of all reports and administration required for the work assignments (i.e. job cards, manufacture case logs, time-sheets etc..)
- Ensuring workshop and areas of work are clean, tidy and safe in accordance with company policy / procedures.
- Ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Completion of Service Training Certification programs to develop skills and knowledge.
- Attending equipment onsite as required.
- Completion of all pre-delivery set up on new and used equipment.
- Supporting colleagues and service specialists when required.
- Mentoring and coaching apprentices.
We look for:
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems to effect the repair of equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate safe methods of work and track record of safety first approach.
- Ideally, experience within the industry working with John Deere or similar machinery.
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions and supplier computerised tools
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Good customer relationship skills
- Familiar with franchise and competitive products
- Full UK driver’s license
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends