At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Our Accounts Assistant is a vital role in the accounts team and one for a true generalist. As the first point of contact for many enquiries both internally and externally this role requires someone not only to delivery excellence in their accountancy practices but also deliver exceptional customer service. Alongside your own work you will be actively supporting the department leadership and accountants in their activities and duties.
Accounts Assistant accountabilities include:
- Assisting the Accounts Office Manager in their duties.
- Reconciling credit card, online payment and PayPal transactions.
- Managing the corporate credit card returns on monthly basis.
- Posting of petty cash transactions.
- Co-ordinating payment of approved expenses.
- Assisting the purchase ledger and sales ledger teams when required.
- Other duties to be confirmed as role develops.
- Preparing and entering journals into the system.
- Supporting the preparation of management accounts and month-end duties.
- Taking care of administrative tasks, such as correspondence, filing and printing.
We look for:
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate financial data and make recommendations.
- The ability to function well in a team, as they need to provide support as needed.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Solid accountancy and basic bookkeeping skills
- Competent with Outlook/Excel/Word
- Experience of using IBCOS Gold would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Openness to innovation.
- Excellent communication, engagement, and employee development skills.
- Willingness to undertake additional tasks as required such as covering payroll processes and other administration.
Click apply to apply through our web portal below or send your CV to HR & Recruitment, Ben Burgess, Europa Way, Norwich, NR1 2EN.
Ben Burgess is a Disability Confident Employer, if you require any assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 628251