Accounts Assistant (Maternity Cover 12 Months)
At Ben Burgess its been our mission since 1931 to be the leader in our industry by offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
Our accounts assistant is a vital role in the accounts team and one for a true generalist. As the first point of contact for many enquiries both internally and externally this role requires someone not only to delivery excellence in their accountancy practices but also deliver exceptional customer service. With responsibilities for depot accounts and the group purchase ledger this is a busy role in a key department including accountabilities to support the creation of the payroll. Alongside your own work you will be actively supporting the department leadership and accountants in their activities and duties.
Our Accounts Assistant is responsible for:
- Dealing with important aspects of the company purchase ledger ensuring all invoices are posted in a timely manner, chasing unposted invoices and credit notes, and reconciling the purchase ledger accounts with supplier statements.
- Posting all bank payments to the system and maintaining the cashbook.
- Raising relevant purchase ledger payments as appropriate including the month end purchase ledger payment run
- Entering details required for the month end payroll direct for review by the Company Secretary, dealing with payroll queries as they arise and ensuring all payslips are delivered to the relevant depots
What we look for:
- Immediately available or at most one month’s notice.
- 3+ years’ experience in a busy accounts office.
- Very good communication skills both external to the company and internally.
- The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to using bespoke accounting software.
- Experience of using software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18th October 2019