One Tractor – One Hundred Jobs
No matter what size of tractor you choose, one thing remains constant – superior performance. And it’s easy to see why. With options like high-torque engines, automatic two-pedal transmissions and fully-integrated cabs, there’s no job too big for these tractors to tackle. Don’t let their size fool you. First step up your expectations. Then step into your John Deere dealership to find the tractor that’s right for you.
Compact Utility Tractors Equipment
Experience A High Standard
Building, mowing, digging, tilling – sunrise to sunset – it’s all in a day’s work. That’s why we made the 3 Series Compact Utility Tractors premium in every aspect … and literally from the ground up.
The 3E series gives you more power and features than any other standard tractor in its class.
Our 3E Series tractors combine simplicity and ease of operation with ‘big tractor’ features like Twin Touch pedals and power assisted steering.
Experience Power Management
To help you use the power of your 3R Series tractor to the full, we fit a whole suite of advanced features as standard. These include 4WD, a digital performance tracking system, and LoadMatch.
Even with a loader attached, the 3038E is a joy to manoeuvre in tight spots and confined spaces.
Easy Lift Bonnet
The 3038E model now has an easy lift bonnet with standard, twin gas-charged lift struts. Just flip the latch for wide-open access to the engine bay.
Easy On/Off Access
Getting on and off is safe and easy thanks to the left-side step and the clear, unobstructed step-through platform with its non-slip surface.
3045R Compact utility tractor
- 3-Cylinder Diesel Turbocharged Intercooler
- eHydro transmission Two – Pedal Automatic
- AutoConnect Mowing Deck option
- ComfortGard Cab option
Designed for comfort and hard work
To help you use the power of your 3R Series tractor to the full, we fit a whole suite of advanced features as standard. These include 4WD, a digital performance tracking system, and LoadMatch – an incredible electric power management system for peak performance in every application. And because the car-style controls, smooth transmission, high back seat and tilt steering are also standard, your productivity will be anything but.
- LoadMatch automatically adjusts transmission speed to engine load for maximum performance without the risk of stalling. Ideal when moving heavy loads or mowing thick grass.
- MotionMatch adjusts transmission response instantly to the task at hand. Perfect when you’re moving back-and- forth during loading.
- SpeedMatch sets a constant creeper speed during aeration /spraying, or in confined spaces.
Attractive styling provides improved visibility and serviceability
The bold styling of the tractor provides an attractive and functional appearance similar to that of the larger agricultural tractors. Benefits of this styling include:
- Easy tractor family identification
- Updated fixed grill and side panel hood design allowing for optimum sealing of the cooling compartment
- Integrated maintenance position on front grill for easy battery access
- Wraparound-style halogen headlights
- . Premium integrated automotive style headlight bezels
- Bold graphics allowing for easy tractor family identification
- Aggressively sloped hood design giving a softer, smoother look, and providing improved visibility
The result gives the tractor a distinctive appearance and feel.
NOTE: If tractor is equipped with optional field-installed vertical exhaust, exhaust pipe must be removed before opening and closing the hood of the tractor.
Powerful Yanmar® diesel engine delivers plenty of power under heavy loads
The Yanmar 3-cylinder, TNV Series diesel engine features a high torque reserve that provides plenty of power under heavy loads.
This engine features lower levels of exhaust emissions and reduced noise levels. The engine meets all current emission requirements for Stage IIIB emission standards.
The 1.5-L, turbocharged, intercooled 3TNV Yanmar diesel engine provides 44.6 hp to the 3045R Tractor.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ENGINE ARE:
- Economical cast-in-block cylinder design for good cooling and long life
- Direct fuel injection
- . Improves starting
- . Injects fuel directly on top of pistons for more efficient combustion
- . Develops more horsepower per gallon of fuel than indirect injection engines
- Aluminum alloy pistons with built-in steel struts are lightweight to reduce connecting rod-bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- . Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, which reduces blow-by and noise from piston slap
- . Top rings are higher on the piston and a thinner head gasket is used to greatly reduce the volume of unburned waste gases and increase combustion efficiency
- Timing gears and injector drive gears have a helical profile to reduce engine noise
- Auto-bleed fuel system
- . There is no need to prime the system if the tractor runs out of fuel
- . The system will self-prime the injection pump, lines and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery for easier starting
- Key start and shutoff eliminates fuel shutoff knob
- . Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Water separator
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- . Sealed radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on outside of hood
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element and electronic air service indicator
- . Electronic air restriction indicator alerts operator when air filter servicing is required
- . Dual element design for added engine protection
- . Easy to service
- Downward exhaust
- . Discharges fumes away from the operator and reduces noise from engine
- . Improves operator visibility
- . Optional vertical exhaust kit is available
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Maximize productivity with an eHydro™ transmission
The 3R Series Tractor is available with an exclusive three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
- Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels through a pump and motor
- Provides high torque for start-up
- Reduces powertrain shock loads
Sauer-Danfoss® supplies both the pump and motor. This ensures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency.
The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Twin Touch™ foot controls allow selecting both directions of travel and speed with a touch of the toe.
Key features of the eHydro transmission are:
- Infinite ground speeds, even at full throttle, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is base equipment
- . Cruise-control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
- . Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and allows for more precise setting of speed
Sauer-Danfoss eHydro transmission is used for reliable operation. Durability features include:
- Large, forged trunnion shaft with larger support bearings to reduce vibration and noise.
- Center section made from durable cast aluminum, which is 10 percent stronger.
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life.
Safety features of the eHydro transmission include:
· The tractor will start with one or both foot pedals depressed, but it will not move until both pedals first come to neutral
· The tractor will come to a stop if the operator leaves the seat but the engine will not shut off unless the power take-off (PTO) is also running
KEY JOHN DEERE ADVANTAGE
John Deere’s Twin Touch foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive hydrostatic transmission (HST) tractor models.
Key advantages over competitive HST tractor models:
- Some competitive hydrostatic tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation
- Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue.
Integrated eHydro features
The eHydro convenience controls have been integrated into a single module. Combining features such as SpeedMatch™ LoadMatch™, MotionMatch™ and automotive style cruise control pulls the maximum efficiency out of the eHydro transmission tractors. All of these features are standard on the 3R models, and deliver an easier and more comfortable user experience.
AUTOMOTIVE-STYLE CRUISE CONTROL
An automotive-style cruise control is standard equipment on the 3R Series Tractors. Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and is located on the right-hand operator console.
- Maintains desired forward speed without pressure on the foot pedal
- When activated, operator is able to set cruise speed
- . Use the SET/- button to set cruise speed, or to decrease cruise/maximum speed
- . Use the RES/+ button to set cruise speed, or to increase cruise/maximum speed
- A speed sensor also allows the tractor to maintain preset speed driving up and down hills
- To disengage the cruise control, either:
- . Apply pressure to the brakes
- . Disengage cruise control button
- . Briefly depress the reverse travel pedal
LOADMATCH POWER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
LoadMatch is an industry exclusive and a standard feature on the 3R Series Tractors.
If torque requirements increase significantly, the transmission will reduce the tractor’s drive speed to compensate for the increased load on the transmission, maximizing torque to drive wheels and minimize stalls.
Controls automatically adjust LoadMatch compensation depending on the tractors application. PTO applications require less engine speed fluctuation, therefore adjusts the amount of droop depending on PTO speed. This adjustment increases efficiency and optimizes engine speed and torque output based on tractor application.
While typically left on, LoadMatch can be turned off with the right-hand console controls.
The MotionMatch, standard on the 3R Series Tractors, is located on the right-hand console. It offers seven settings for adjusting the rollout or decelerate when the pedal is released.
Longer accelerate and decelerate distances.
Shorter accelerate and decelerate distances.
SpeedMatch, standard on the 3R Series Tractors, further enhances the eHydro cruise control functions by allowing the operator to preset maximum speed. Once this feature is engaged, the operator must stroke the travel pedal fully to meet the operator preset speed. This function will improve accuracy and safety, particularly at lower travel speed applications.
Rotary tilling or spraying applications are examples of where SpeedMatch can be applied. SpeedMatch will work in both the forward and reverse set speeds.
NOTE: Automotive-style cruise control and SpeedMatch can be used in conjunction with LoadMatch to maximize productivity.
Sauer-Danfoss is a registered trademark of Sauer-Danfoss, Inc.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
The operator’s station is designed for easy entry to/exit from the tractor.
Conveniently placed pedals, as well as repositioned operator controls, provide for a clean and flat platform design, giving the operator plenty of leg room.
- Hood and fenders are made from composite polymer material designed to eliminate the possibility of rusting and resistance to dents that can occur with metal hoods and fenders. This material provides a high-luster appearance with excellent resilience and resistance to fading from sunlight.
- Easy-fold rollover protective structure (ROPS), with built-in, rattle-reducing isolator.
Key features of the operator’s station include:
- Large grab handles on each fender make getting on and off of the tractor easy
- Tilt steering wheel design in base equipment. The tilt wheel:
- . Allows the operator to adjust the steering wheel to the most comfortable position
- . Provides additional clearance for the operator to enter and exit the tractor
- . Provides easy return to the fully raised position
- . Provides plenty of room for comfortable operation
- Updated M-B-R power take-off (PTO) selector lever is standard equipment and allows independent control of the mid and rear PTO
- Controls are shape and color-coded for easier identification and operation
- Easy-fold ROPS include a built-in isolator for rattle-free operation
- A left-side step is in base equipment to enhance access to the operator’s station
- Foot platform is rubber mounted and incorporates a runner mat for operator comfort
- PowrReverser™ models have both hand and foot throttle controls
- . Throttle controls are especially handy when using a loader
Optional premium ComfortGard™ cab provides superior comfort and performance
John Deere ComfortGard cab tractors are some of the most comfortable, quiet, and easy-to-use cab tractors available. This premium solution was developed using extensive customer research and validation tools, and some of the most advanced design techniques.
The following ComfortGard cab tractor models are available:
- 3045R Tractor with HST
Cab tractors are designed for those operators who demand superior performance.
- Large-property owners
- Commercial operators
- Governmental agencies
Whether doing loader work, front implement work (such as snow removal), mowing, tilling, rotary cutting, or light hay work, the cab tractors have the versatility and muscle to get the job done, all while protecting the operator from the elements.
- Designed by John Deere and built at the John Deere factory in Ramos, Mexico
- Certified to the highest safety standards in the industry
- Fingertip controls and an automotive-like fit and finish
Operators are sure to appreciate what this cab has to offer — beginning with an isolated cab. These cabs are designed with robust mounting points integrated into the rollover protective structure (ROPS) with a unique offset mounting design that provides an ultra-quiet ride.
The 4-post ROPS design, carefully laid-out interior, and fuel tank located under the left rear side of the operator’s platform provide a full 360 degrees of visibility.
- Operators enjoy a commanding view no matter what task is being performed.
- The raised header bar design allows operators — whether short or tall — to see the loader bucket or pallet forks through virtually the full range of operation.
- Operator fatigue caused by awkward bending is reduced, leading to increased overall productivity.
- The slow-moving vehicle (SMV) sign can be easily removed and stored in the operator’s manual holder to provide a clear and unobstructed view for attaching to implements and doing field work.
- The ample headroom and curved glass on all four sides provide a spacious interior and give operators the feel of a big-tractor cab.
Operators are well-protected from the elements with a high-performance climate-control system providing heating and air conditioning.
- The climate-controlled cab makes any task more enjoyable whether on a frigid winter day or a hot summer day.
- The cab is completely sealed and pressurized to further protect the operator from the elements.
- A standard high-efficiency clean-air filter keeps even the smallest dust and allergen particles out.
CAB COMFORT FEATURES
Several features are integrated into the design of the cab that deliver superior operator comfort and visibility. These features include:
- Ultra-quiet interior
- Four-post ROPS with curved glass for 360-degree visibility and spacious interior
- Improved climate-control system for maximum operator comfort
- Raised header bar for maximum loader visibility
- Right-hand control center with the most frequently used controls at the operator’s fingertips
- Left-hand automotive-style park brake
- Dash-mounted four-wheel drive (4WD) engagement, no awkward bending
- Tilt steering
- Improved shift range linkage for ease in operation
- Flat unobstructed foot platform
- In base equipment, deluxe air-ride cloth seat with retractable seat belt and armrests for excellent back support
- Inside rearview mirror for rear visibility
- Optional dual exterior rearview mirrors for added rear visibility
- Ergonomically placed integrated loader joystick control for maximum comfort during operation
- Interior dome light with on, door, and off positions for illumination in low-light conditions
- Standard sun visor to block unwanted sunlight
- Creature comforts like:
- . Dual cup holders
- . 12-V power supply
- . Cell phone storage
- . CD storage
- . Hitch pin storage
- . Miscellaneous storage
- . Operator’s manual holder
- Integrated handle providing support for entering and exiting
- Left-side step for convenient entering and exiting
CAB OPERATING FEATURES
- Pre-wired for optional accessories like a radio, horn, rear work lights, electric hydraulic diverter, rear wiper/washer, beacon light, and cigarette lighter
- Integrated warning lights/turn signals and taillights, protected from trees and branches
- Integrated roof-mounted antenna, protected from potential damage from trees and branches
- Dual roof-mounted forward work lights for optimum forward visibility at night
- Standard two-speed front windshield wiper to keep the front glass clear
- Optional rear wiper/washer to keep the rear glass clear
- Optional front fenders to protect the front cab glass from mud and debris
- Optional rear fender extensions to help protect doors from mud and debris
- High-impact polymer fenders, dent resistant and painted to an automotive-like finish
- Rear glass that swings out 70 degrees for ventilation or access to the rear hitch
- Easy access to route and mount a controller or monitor through the rear window removable plug and mounting bosses on the side post
- Large, 48.5-L (12.8-gal.) fuel tank for longer operation without re-fuelling
- Left rear fender fuel fill with large opening for easy re-fuelling
- Fuel tank located under the left side of the operator’s station for maximum rear visibility
CAB SAFETY FEATURES
- ROPS — certified to the highest industry standards for maximum operator protection
- Operator presence system
- Engine shuts down if the operator leaves the seat when the transmission, mid, or rear power take-off (PTO) is engaged
- Tractor must be in neutral and the park brake fully set for stationary PTO work
- Right-side emergency exit
- Tempered safety glass in case of breakage
- Roof-mounted warning lights/turn signals for road transport — two front and two rear
- Two fender-mounted taillights
- Easily remove the SMV sign and store it in the operator’s manual holder
STANDARD AIR-SUSPENSION SEAT
Standard air-ride seat with a deluxe cloth two-piece seat with adjustable backrest and integrated armrests.
- Push the button at the base of the seat to pump up the seat. Pull the button to deflate the seat.
- The seat slides fore/aft with a lever on the right-hand side of the seat.
- The seat back reclines with a lever in the lower left corner of seat cushion.
- Upper backrest extension available as a field installed option.
Key benefits include:
- Maximum ride comfort and quality, minimizing operator fatigue
- Dampens lower frequency vibration better than mechanical suspensions
- Operator weight capacity of 150 kg (330 lb)
- Enhanced appearance with the close-out boot
The base lighting package for cab tractors includes:
- Two wide-angle halogen headlights
- Two roof-mounted, adjustable halogen forward work lights, illuminating the work area in nighttime or low-light conditions
- Two front and two rear amber turn signals/warning lights mounted on the A-post
- Two taillights integrated into the fenders
- Three-position (on/off/auto) interior dome light
Optional lighting includes:
- Dual roof-mounted adjustable rear work lights
- Rotating beacon light
Choose from a variety of factory cab tractor configurations
Built-in safety features for operator peace of mind
Safety is designed into all 3R Series Tractors.
- Operator presence system ensures the operator is in the seat to operate the tractor
- Roll-over protective structure (ROPS) is designed for operation safety
- Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility
- Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting
- Visual power take-off (PTO) warning light alerts operator when either mid or rear PTO is running
- Reverse implement option (RIO) for safe mid-PTO operation
- Placing the transmission in neutral and setting the park brake allows operator to run rear PTO safely when off the tractor seat
- EEC tractor road homologation (standard)
- . NOTE: Not applicable for Australia/New Zealand.
Excellent serviceability reduces operational costs and improves productivity
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.
- Easy access to most regular service points minimizes service time.
- Easily removable cowl and side panels, improved hood design, and integrated maintenance position on grill provide easy accessibility for routine maintenance.
- Tractors are equipped with extensive onboard self-diagnostic capabilities and are fully compatible with the John Deere-exclusive Service ADVISOR™ system.
- Daily service requirements are minimal and simple to accomplish. Most service interval requirements can be performed with a basic understanding of procedures and common tools.
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and the water separator can be conveniently accessed
- The engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the hood for more periodic maintenance checks
- A single-point latch mechanism and self-contained leash ensure easy hood opening and closure.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.
*24 month warranty, no hour limit